Tuesday, September 18, 2012

"I don't ever want to let you down, I don't ever want to leave this town..."

So after going to the concert last weekend I have become slightly obsessed with Imagine Dragons. But if you haven't heard their hit single, do listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sENM2wA_FTg

And I am not ever one to share youtube links, so it's a great song, haha.

Well, let's see. Last week was super busy at work! I felt like every day was a rush against the clock to finish around 5pm. But maybe that's the real world for you, haha. On Friday I went to a Probate training at a local law firm. There were a lot of young lawyers there who are interested in potentially doing pro bono law and specifically working on cases with VIP. I think that it's neat that VIP offers so many free opportunities for attorneys to get involved in pro bono law. It's great advertising because there's never enough volunteer attorneys, but the training materials are really invaluable.

I also finished my first case work-ups. So tomorrow I will present them at our weekly case review meeting! I felt so accomplished.


OH and I am now on the staff page on VIP's website:
http://www.phillyvip.org/content/staff-directory

Last weekend we just relaxed on Friday. Saturday we went on a cheese steak adventure. I hadn't eaten beef in a very long time, but I couldn't resist the temptation to try a famous Philly steak. We went to Jim's Steaks on South Street. Yes, I do realize that Pat's and Gino's are the MOST famous but Jim's is in the running as well. Haha, listening to peoples' opinions on cheese steak places is hilarious. You would think that it is a hot political debate here in Philadelphia. Here's a photo of us at Jim's:


Saturday night we went out because one of Caroline's friends was visiting. On Sunday we relaxed, went to 7pm mass, and then out for a beer after with some of the church-goers. It was a really fun weekend!

I am really excited to start to be able to go into court. It's neat talking to lawyers and clients on the phone and through email because you get a sense of their stories and struggles with the cases. However, I think it will be very eye-opening to actually experience litigation and do some client intakes at the local courthouse. I wish I could share more anecdotes about the cases I've been working on, but there's confidentiality I must legally abide by.

I did promise some photos of the apartment though. So here's a few!

 View into my bedroom

 One sitting area

 Communal computer/office area

 View into our massive living room area

 Kitchen

Augustinian Banner

The rest of this week will be spent continuing working up my new cases, following up on case pitches to attorneys, and continuing preparation for Pro Bono Opportunities Day. It can be stressful at times, but I definitely prefer being busy over not having enough to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment